Dans un excellente série d'articles rassemblés par le Foreign Policy Center, Richard Corbett (1) expose ses doutes sur l'éventuelle transformation de l'Eurozone en une "Communauté" ou Union" politiques séparées de l'UE.
Voici quelques extraits de ses arguments :
- "the range of views within the Eurozone-18 on most issues is as wide as among the EU-28",
- "the bulk of EU decision taking - even in the economic field - will remain at the level of the whole of the Union of 28"
- the EU28 "is the level at which the single market is organised, with all the legislation that entails and it is the level of the non-economic fields of cooperation"
- "the idea of the eurozone developing into a closely knit separate framework - as some french politicians have suggested - has mostly been resisted by both "ins" and "outs"
- "there is no two-tier voting in the Commission, the Court or the Parliament"
- "if Britain genuinely fears a two-tier system, it has plenty of allies to avoid that happening".
(1) Richard Corbett, ancien haut fonctionnaire européen - ancien membre du parlement européen - est aujourd'hui conseiller de M. Van Rompuy
commenter cet article